Saturday 28 June 2014

Maybelline matte maker mattifying powder review

Maybelline Matte Marker Powder- £3.99
 I have always heard great things about the Maybelline powders. However I never got to try the Dream Matte Pressed Powder, as it was discontinued. I decided to try Maybelline's new Matt powder as I've heard it's quite similar, to the Dream powder. 
Personally I don't like the packaging, as I would prefer a flip top opening with a mirror. This would have made the power easier to travel with, but I'm guessing this would have increased the affordable price. 
  



  

The powder promises a flawless looking coverage with a matt finish. The powder has a light weight feel to it. And the powder does not leave makeup cakey or heavy but, gives a slightly silky finish. The powder only comes in two shades; I picked up the shade classic ivory which is a bit light for me.And I think there should be more shades, as the powder may not match your skin tone.




 


As for lasting hour, the powder doesn't last very long and I find myself reapplying throughout the day. However I still prefer it to the Rimmel matt powder, as the Rimmel one can become too cakey on oily skin.


I think this powder may not be as sufficient for someone with very oily skin, but I think it's quite suitable for people with slightly oily skin. And for the price, I don't think you can find anything better in Superdrug or Boots.


xo Ebru



No comments:

Post a Comment